5 points to consider when hiring a roof tiling contractor
When looking for a roof tiling contractor, it is important that you choose the right one to give you the quality and services that you expect. If you dont choose the right one it can become very costly if you have to engage another contractor to carry out the repairs at an additional costs.
If you go by the 5 following steps at least this will reduce the chances of choosing that dodgy roofer.
1. Ask friends, people you work with, family members and other trades people that you might have used in the past if they can recommend a good roofer for your project. You could even try your local hardware store and if none of these suggestions help. Google someone local and check there reviews to see what other people have said about the business you are enquiring about, this will provide a great start for your search for a great roofer.
2. Ask if the roofer is licensed and if they have insurance. Once you have selected a roofer ask them if the have they the correct licence for the works that you are wanting done to your roof. Ask if they have public liability and work cover insurances just in case something is broken during the roofing repairs.
3. Ask how many years the roof tiling contractor has been in business for?
Asking the roof tiler how many years he has been in business for is generally a good indication of what sought of experience they have. Roof tilers that have been in business for a few years are generally better at doing difficult jobs where a lot of problem solving may be needed. Whereas a newer business can struggle to find problems with the roof as they dont have the experience and know how of the older business.
4. Ask roof tiling business’s to provide samples of previous work.
when engaging a roof tiling compony ask if they provide photo’s, address’s of previous work that the company has done so that you can at least do a drive by to have a look.
5. Does the roof tiling contractor you are thinking of hiring provide a free quotation or warranty for the work they complete. A roof tiling company should be able to provide you with a free written quotation which includes the cost of the labour and materials included up front. If the company does not want to provide you with a quote and warranty dont use them as the risk of hiring someone that does not provide these details could end up charging you double what the cost of normal repairs would cost. Never settle on the lowest price and always get a minimum 3 quotes to compare against each other.
It is important that you stick to the above as the roof is the most important part of your home and the last hing you need is for your roof to start leaking and causing water stainng to your plaster ceiling or even the plaster ceiling collapsing.
click on the link below to enquire about a FREE no obligation quote
The link below will take you to the roof tilers association of Australia where you can view the australian standards for roofing installation.